Monday, March 14, 2016

'WRITING'
A Powerful Weapon to Change the World
Writing is like swimming. At first, we thought of it as an easy thing to do, that when we try moving our hands against the current of the water we confidently say, "I am swimming!" - but not. The process is crucial but rewarding. That's why, this macro-skill has the potential of revealing to us our strengths and weaknesses - if in our trying we end to be drowned, but at the end we can already levitate and do freestyles. 

WHY ASSESS?

Like a seed, we need to grow. As far as I am concerned, assessing my ability to write is as crucial as refining a gold. Often times, whenever I compose something, I say, "maybe, this is enough. I'm already okay with this." Obviously, I wasn't thinking about if that was really enough! Hence, in writing, I could discover my own character and use that skill to build something that could be beneficial to anyone.


HOW TO ASSESS?

I should look for writing modules, online articles or book resources. There are standardized way of composing works effectively. Furthermore, I could refer and reflect with the following questions:
- Do I love what I am doing?
- Have I given my best?
- Are the principles in writing applied?
- Did I cross over the line?
- Am I creative enough?


WHEN TO ASSESS?
Now! Now is the right time to assess myself. I should look for opportunities to enhance my writing skills. Well I could have the following:
- self-study
- tutorial / workshop
- do blogs and continue composing
- activate confidence
- pray to God and ask His guidance


MY FUTURE IN WRITING


I could still remember the bumper sticker activity we had with Prof. Motallana. Also the surfer standing on a seashore, the diver, the 3 literary works and many more. These activities made me realized that I have a lot of things to write! As long as man breathes and story exists, there's a reason to write them down. A countless compositions before and at the present have truly changed the world and the course of history. 
And I believe, because of writing, I have also the potential in changing the world and making a difference - that's how I see myself in the future. God created the hands not jut to hold something but to write something. As you can see, even the background picture of my blog says, "YOU MAKE AN IMPACT".
Life is so beautiful, and we know it. Let's live life worthy of our calling. Thanks to Creative Writing. Thanks to Prof. Mae Saschiel Montallana. Another journey has begun! Now I am ready to change the world!




No comments:

Post a Comment